VeriLinkRx for Narcotic / Drug Diversion Testing
- Drug Diversion is a problem in that 15 % of healthcare professionals struggle with drug dependence at some point in their career. Read more about Hospital Drug Diversion
- Testing narcotics returned to the hospital pharmacy alerts hospital staff of possible occurrences of sub-therapeutic dosages and contaminated needles.
- Existing chain of custody control measures: biometric scanning, audit trails, passwords, and witness documentation are not sufficient to ensure that all narcotics are returned to the hospital pharmacy.
- An analytical method, like Rudolph’s VeriLinkRx , is a reliable and cost effective solution to verify that the actual narcotic dispensed, is returned to the hospital pharmacy.
- Outsourced laboratory methods are too slow and expensive to test returned narcotics that are administered daily.
An affordable in-house system to monitor returned samples
The VeriLinkRxoffers a practical solution to monitor samples of narcotics returned to the hospital pharmacy. An easy to perform and fast measurement will alert staff that the returned sample does not match what was dispenses originally. Using a highly accurate refractive index measurement, pharmacy staff can be quickly alerted to possible incidences of drug diversion or tampering. Once alerted management can decide if further 3rd party testing should be pursued. The VeriLinkRx thus offers hospitals a method to monitor not only the physical vials of dispensed narcotics but the actual contents.
- A high volume, low cost presumptive test.
- Time – 60 second sampling time.
- Sample – Only 200 micro-liters is needed.
- Data stored in a searchable and exportable database with verification result, patient ID, medical user name and time stamps.
- Easy to use by technicians and pharmacists – minimal training is required.
- Create a custom library of drugs at your facility
Secure log in system
The results obtained from the VeriLinkRx could become the subject of legal action and so the data storage system is designed in line with the FDA approved 21 CFR part 11 data storage guidelines. This means each user has a unique password and the instrument tracks which users made the measurements. Results cannot be deleted or altered and the instrument keeps a detailed audit trail so deliberate attempts at modifying results by mis-calibration and the like will be recorded.
Secure Data Backup
The VeriLinkRx can be used in either stand alone or network mode. When used in stand alone mode all data is automatically backed up to an external drive. When used in network mode all data is backed up to a network. For all data storage options see: Refractometer Data Storage
Benefits – Becomes a part of your chain of custody program
- Verification that returned narcotics are the same as what was dispensed.
- Easily integrated into your current workflow.
- Expands your current drug diversion program to include actual returned sample testing.
- Inexpensive, in-house analytical test to identify possible diversion issues.
- You only need to take action when samples fail.
- No consumables, monthly fees, costly training, or specialized operators.
- Save costs by delineating samples sent for 3rd party testing.
Quality Laboratory Instrument designed for High Accuracy and Long-Life
The VerilinkRx is part of the Rudolph Research Refractometer Product Line and shares many quality features carried throughout the entire product line.