Automatic Polarimeter, AUTOPOL VI For Analytical Laboratories
The AUTOPOL VI Automatic Polarimeter was developed for the most demanding analytical laboratories. If your laboratory requires the highest accuracy and must meet the most stringent compliance standards, the Autopol VI has the measurement, temperature control, communications, and data tracking capabilities your application requires.
Standard Features and Accessories
- 0.0003 accuracy for low rotation samples of ±1° Arc
- TempTrol™ — Electronic cooling & heating from 15°–40°C
- Six Standard Wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance: Electronic Signature and secure local electronic data storage
- 3-year domestic warranty and 20-year support guarantee
- Standard Accessories: TempTrol™, NIST Traceable Quartz Standard, TempTrol™ 100mm Polarimeter Cell, TempTrol™ Temperature Validation Cell, Built-In Sample Measurement Probe, and 3 USB Ports.
Versatile Communication Capability
The AUTOPOL VI polarimeter’s standard communication package includes:
- Ethernet port for Network Cable Connection
- 3 USB ports
- 2 RS 232 ports
Allowing the capability to:
- Connect directly to Rudolph’s service department for remote testing and diagnostics via Internet connection.
- Connect to any Windows® based printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server
Automatic, Electronic Polarimeter Temperature Control System using TempTrol™
The USP <781> require optical rotation measurements at 25°C ± .5°C (unless another temperature is specified). The European Pharmacopoeia requires optical rotation measurements made at 25°C ± 5°C (unless another temperature is specified).
Whatever your temperature control needs are, the AUTOPOL VI’s exclusive TempTrol™ System (Patent No. 2778542) makes your measurement in seconds without a waterbath or any type of water circulation.
The TempTrol™ System allows push-button temperature control of your 100mm cell, 200mm cell, or Quartz Plate. Set the temperature, push “measure” and walk away. The AUTOPOL VI will heat or cool to a predefined temperature and then provide you with the result all in one easy step.
Patented TempTrol™ Technology Eliminates the Need for a Water Bath. Here is How the TempTrol System Works:
TempTrol™ heating and cooling transfer surface in the polarimeter sample chamber
TempTrol™ cell is placed in the sample chamber with mating heating & cooling transfer surface, manufactured with acid resistance materials: Hastelloy™ and Peek™.
Temperature is selected via touch screen. Temperature selection of 20°C shown left.
Place the TempTrol™ cell in your TempTrol™ equipped Autopol® polarimeter sample chamber to measure within ±0.2°C of the USP, EP, JP, or BP specified temperature (normally 20°C or 25°C ±0.5°C)
Rudolph provides a temperature validation cell with every polarimeter TempTrol™ system. The temperature validation cell along with optional NIST traceable thermometer is designed to validate the temperature control performance of the polarimeter and cell to ±0.2°C.
Measurement reports can be saved as an Excel or PDF file and edited quickly and easily. You can import logos and print your company’s customized “C of A” directly directly from the Autopol VI Polarimeter.
Validation and Calibration
Rudolph Research Analytical knows that you must be able to validate your polarimeter’s operating performance regularly. Therefore, the AUTOPOL VI comes standard with the accessories, validation tool and automatic calibration functions necessary to ensure that the temperature control, temperature measurement and optical measurement processes are working accurately and reproducibly. All functions are assessed simply and conveniently through the AUTOPOL VI liquid sealed touch screen.
For Racemic Solutions and very low concentration samples, the AUTOPOL VI provides unmatched 4th decimalOptical Rotation accuracy of ±0.0003°Arc over ±1°Arc. Instrument performance for readings between -1 and 1° Arc is: Resolution ±0.0001, Reproducibility ± 0.0002, and Accuracy ±0.0003.
Intuitive Windows® 7 Embedded Interface
- 8 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The AUTOPOL VI is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the AUTOPOL VI’s touch screen. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the AUTOPOL VI’s internal memory.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit.
Flexible Method Management
Install your own measurement methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests. Setting up your own custom methods is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one shown to the right.
Full 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The AUTOPOL VI’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- Audit trail
The AUTOPOL VI polarimeter comes standard with Rudolph’s Hastelloy™ upgrade option. This option includes a Hastelloy™ cell and Silco Steel™ cell chamber for increased resistance to acids like 6 Molar HCl.
Rudolph Research Analytical — still protecting your investment after 30 years
Today our Service Technicians have access to state of the art diagnostic tools and have a depth of knowledge that often lets them solve problems right over the phone. Our customers really appreciate the same day phone call by a real technical service person who wants to solve their problem. Our customers know that they can expect this support for many years to come as Rudolph is still repairing instruments which were built in the 70’s.